Officiating Board Members of SODEP
- Chairperson: Ms. Sunita Devi Mestarni
- Vice-chairperson: Ms. Lalita Das
- Secretary: Ms. Anuradha Pasman
- Joint Secretary: Ms. Sumintra Mahara
- Treasurer: Ms. Kumari Rekha
- Member: Mr. Hare Krishna Sah
- Member: Ms. Rekha Mahto
- Member: Ms. Ram Kumari Sah
- Member: Mr. Ram Krishna Mahaseth
SODEP’s Key Professionals and Dignitaries
Profile, Roles and responsibilities:
- Ms. Sunita Devi Mestarni, Chairperson of SODEP. She has elected in the position of Chairperson by the general Assenbly on dated 22 June 2019. She is a Dalit women activist and belongs to the valnerable dalit community Halkhor (Mestar). She is also the Executive Board Member of Janakpurdham Sub-Metropolitan. She is Bachelor and Dalit women leader. Her performance is highly appreciative.
- Mr. Surendra Labh PhD, Former Chairperson of SODEP, Retired Professor of Economics, TU and Currently Member of the Nepal Govt think tank. Dr. Labh possessing a high level dignitary status in various reputed positions as renowned national level academician received PhD and LL.B from the University of Bihar, India, Former Treasurer- Social Welfare Council and a Researcher,Writer and Editor. He is a Board member- Alliance for Social Dialogue, Former Chairman- National Council for Public Awareness and Development, Nepal and formar Member Secretary- SocialWelfare Fund Management Committee, Dr. Labh has been contributing significantly in the overall development and functioning of SODEP providing a vision and guidance to its well being.
- Mr. Hare Krishna Sah has been a founder member and Ex-Chairperson of SODEP. Mr. Sah holds Master degree in Political Science from Banaras Hindu University (BHU), India. Besides, he had worked as a PhD research scholar for three years on “Monarchy and welfare state special reference to King Mahendra.” He was also a founder President of Nepal Human Rights Association founded in 1976 AD in Banaras and played a vital role in national referendum in Nepal as a human rights activist. Presently, he is an Associate Professor of Political Science in Tribhuvan University (TU). He is capable of taking decisions on key organizational issues and monitoring the overall program and functions implemented by SODEP. In his outstanding career, he served in different positions of his 30 years of teaching profession such as assistant campus chief, Head of the Department of Political Science in Bhairahawa Campus, Central Committee Member of Political Science, TU, observer of National Election Commission, Nepal. He participated various national and international level training and seminars and presented papers such as Monarchy as an agency of modernization, Educational Planning and Management from India.
- Mr. Satya Narayan Shah, Executive Director, SODEP has been founder life member since June 2004. He completed his Masters Degree in Zoology and Diploma in Community-based Development from Coady International Institute, Halifax, Canada. Mr. Shah has received various national and international trainings. His roles and responsibilities comprise overall management of the organization including program and administration. He also looks after development of proposal for securing funds, recruitment of personnel for different projects, performance appraisal personnel and responsible for program administration, fund management, overall execution of the policy, plan and decisions of SODEP Advisory Board. He is the focal person for communicating with different CBOs, GOs, NGOs, INGOs and other line agencies on behalf of SODEP.
- Mr. Awadh Narayan Yadav, Technical Advisor to SODEP and Advisor to its Advisory Board since 1996 possesses high level professional cadre in the field of agriculture and rural development planning and research, program implementation, monitoring and evaluation. With specialization in agricultural systems program, vegetable crop production and agro- forestry, he has worked with various national and international level agencies/organizations in various capacities as senior expert/ professional and has made significant contributions in development planning, project implementation, and project monitoring & evaluation. He worked as a training chief/team leader to district agriculture planning project supported by UNDP during 1993-1994 for the Ministry of Agriculture and the National Planning Commission. Mr. Yadav also worked as a National Coordinator to Poverty Alleviation training for Asia and the Pacific, Nepal supported by IFAD/Rome. He obtained M Sc Agriculture System from AIT Bangkok, Thailand and Trainers training on Poverty Alleviation for disadvantaged group of farmers, AFHB, International, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Trainers Training course on formulation and preparation of Agriculture and Rural Development, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Agro-forestry Course, Institute of Forest Conservation, UPLB, Laguna, The Philippines, Vegetable Crops production, Uchihara Intl. Agri. training centre, Japan and others.
- Ramawatar Yadav PhD, Retired Professor, TU and Currently Vice-Chancellor to Purbanchal University, has been affiliated with SODEP Advisory Board since 2005. Dr. Yadav possessing a high level dignitary status in various reputed positions as renowned national level academician received M. Phil and PhD from the University of Kansas, USA, and Post- Graduate Diploma from University of Wales, Institute of Science & Technology, UK and Master in English from Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal. Dr. Yadav has been contributing significantly in the overall development and functioning of SODEP providing a vision and guidance to its well being.
- Ram Dayal RakeshPhD, Member, Advisory Board, has been associated with SODEP since 2005 as a key advisory Board Member. Dr. Rakesh received Post Doctoral Research from Bloomington, Indiana University, USA, PhD from Delhi University, India and Master in Humanities from Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu. Dr. Rakesh worked 25 years as a professor in Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu. He is an Ex-executive Member of Nepal Academy and former Executive member of Nepal Human Right Commission.
- Dr. Laxmi NarayanThakur, Regional Health Specialist is currently working as a Specialist on Quality of Care in Health Sector with UNFPA, Nepal. With work experience in reputed positions in Government, INGO, NGO, the World Bank and UN agencies, Dr Thakur possesses valuable knowledge and expertise in health sector. He has been affiliated with SODEP since 2000 AD giving valuable support and guidance.
- Shree Govind ShahPhD, Member to the SODEP Advisory Board since 1995 possesses a well recognized expertise in policy analysis, environmental planning and ESIA, and social inclusion. Holding MSc Ag and PhD degree from the University of Sydney, Australia, he has made significant contributions in the field of project formulation, monitoring & evaluation, natural resource management, eco-tourism, hydropower development, environmental and social impact assessment, forest, park and buffer zone assessment, agriculture and livestock development, and poverty assessment. He has working experience in Ethiopia, Cambodia, Italy and USA.