Policy and Working Strategies
SODEP adopts the policy of supporting, strengthening capability and empowering the disadvantaged, Dalits, marginalized, poor and excluded, women and children to claim and enjoy their rights, eliminate corruption and establish good governance. SODEP conducts action oriented community development activities at the grassroots level with special focus on women and marginalized community members. It concentrates its activities in the rural areas with the ultimate objectives of raising awareness and providing development opportunities to socio-economically deprived community.
SODEP aims at meeting its objectives through community participation in the development process. Community people are actively mobilized in planning, implementation and monitoring of the program plan. These efforts are institutionalized under the cooperative framework.
SODEP deploys the following strategies to achieve its objective:
- Organizes the target communities into self-help groups and inculcate the habit for generating capital through regular savings.
- Assists the target groups in carrying out participatory planning and preparing plans both at household and community level implementation.
- Enhances capacity and skills of the target communities through trainings and workshops.
- Assists the target communities in exploring and mobilizing local resources to carry out plans.
- Facilitates linkage building between the target groups and service delivering agencies – both governmental and non-governmental.
- Raises awareness and empower the target communities in the areas of human rights, social inclusion,food security,democracy and good governance. It strives for counseling, coordinating and campaigning for empowering the deprived, marginalized and excluded communities (Dalits, Janajatis, Aadibashis, Madheshis and others).
- Works with the government -both at national and local level – to make them accountable towards the people of the target communities.
- It focuses on bottom-up approach to influence and lobby with the key stakeholders based on the experiences and voices of the beneficiaries.
Systems and Policies
- Financial management system
- Human resources management system
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation system
- Institutional good governance policy
- Gender and social inclusion policy
- Procurement policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Strategic plan